New Delhi [India], Mar. 3 (ANI): Indian shooter Ankur Mittal on Saturday raised concerns over double trap event which was scrapped by International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) from the Olympic calendar, beginning Tokyo 2020.
"Olympics decision to scrap off double trap is a huge setback for me. It is still there in Commonwealth and Asian Games and I am feeling confident about it, but it will be a little difficult to get the transition as from the past eight years I am shooting double trap. It will be difficult to blend to the level that I have in the double trap but I will try my best," Mittal told ANI here.
He said it is his dream to win gold in Olympics, but with no double trap from 2020 it seems a bit bleak.
However, the double trap silver winner seemed confident for the upcoming Commonwealth Games.
"I have been preparing for CommonWealth since the past three months. My performance has been good last year. The training is going on according to the plan," he added.
Mittal further said that India lacks the availability of sources and infrastructure which is creating a huge problem for the players.
"All types of equipment are European made which are provided to players in U.S and Australia. But due to lack of infrastructure in India, we have to go outside the country for training. We are not being provided with anything," he added.
Mittal came in limelight after winning a silver medal at the ISSF World Shotgun Championships in Moscow, last year.
The 2018 Asian Games, also known as Jakarta Palembang is scheduled to be held from 18 August to 2 September 2018 in Indonesia
The 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games is slated to be held from April 4 and will run till April 15. (ANI)
This story has not been edited. It has been published as provided by ANI