LIVE UPDATE | INDIA VS SOUTH AFRICA | 4th TEST
FEROZESHAH KOTLA, NEW DELHI
- India have beaten South Africa in the fourth and final Test by 337 runs to win the Test series 3-0. For South Africa, AB de Villier scored 43 runs after playing 297 balls, Hashim Amla got 25 off 244 balls. Temba Bavuma hit 34 off 117 balls. For India, Ravichandran Ashwin took 5 wickets for 61 runs, Umesh Yadav got 3 wickets for just 9 runs, Ravindra Jadeja got 2 wickets for 26 runs.
- WICKET! Bowled him. Ravichandran Ashwin has taken the final wicket to complete a five-for! Huge celebrations break out in the middle. Morkel left the ball go outside off but it did not spin away, it went on with the arm from around the wicket and clipped the top of off stump. Morne Morkel b Ashwin 2 (6b 0x4 0x6).
- WICKET! Umesh Yadav gets another one. Dane Piedt c Saha b Yadav 1 (11b 0x4 0x6).
- WICKET! Umesh Yadav has broken the stump. That ball is unplayable. Full, fast, swinging in late. Sensational reverse swing. Kyle Abbott had no chance. Kyle Abbott b Yadav 0 (7b 0x4 0x6). South Africa 140 for 8. India need 2 wickets.
- WICKET! It's the biggest wicket for India. Ravichandran Ashwin has dismissed AB de Villiers. AB's defence has been broken by a sharp, spinning and bouncing off-break. That ball jumped viciously from a good length, hit his gloves and popped up to leg slip. AB falls off his 297th delivery. AB de Villiers c Jadeja b Ashwin 43 (297b 6x4 0x6). South Africa 137 fro 7. India 3 wickets away from victory.
- WICKET! Umesh Yadav has got Dane Vilas right after tea. Umesh bowled the offcutter, jagging back at the right-hander from outside off and Vilas played on to the stumps. Dane Vilas b Yadav 13 (50b 2x4 0x6). South Africa 136 for 6. India need 4 wickets to win.
- TEA! India made some inroads into the South African batting line-up taking two wickets in the session but AB de Villiers is still there and stonewalling the Indian bowlers with relative ease. India need five wickets to win the match. Light will play a crucial role in the last session. Play can go on till a maximum of 4.30pm. India will have one hour to bowl as many overs of spin as they can before the start of the final hour, from which point a minimum of 15 overs can be bowled.
- WICKET! Ravichandran Ashwin dismisses JP Duminy. JP goes back and across and is hit in front of middle and leg. The ball seemed to have clipped the leg stump. That ball also kept a bit low. AB de Villiers watches the resistance crumble. JP Duminy lbw b Ashwin 0 (12b 0x4 0x6). South Africa 112 for 5, trail India by 365 runs.
— BCCI (@BCCI) December 7, 2015
- WICKET! Ravindra Jadeja gets Faf du Plessis. Big wicket. Length ball and expecting it turn, Faf pushes forward tentatively in defence. But that ball did not turn. It skids on with the arm and hit him in front of middle. Faf du Plessis lbw b Jadeja 10 (97b 1x4 0x6). South Africa 111 for 3, trail India by 370 runs.
The man with a golden arm does it again for India. Faf walks back to the pavilion #IndvsSA https://t.co/H81L6e9wy9 — BCCI (@BCCI) December 7, 2015
- Players are back after having their lunch.
- LUNCH! South Africa scored just 22 runs in 35 overs in the morning session. Amazingly Ravindra Jadeja bowled 12 overs for NO runs and provided India Hashim Amla's wicket. Virat Kohli will be a bit more optimistic after two balls from Umesh that exploded off the pitch from a full length in the last over before lunch. South Africa will continue to face a stern test after lunch. South Africa 94 for 3, trail by 387 runs.
- AB de Villiers gets injured. That was a nasty blow. Got smashed on the glove and he has dropped his bat in pain! The physio rushes out to check on him. There is a swelling. Ball bounced sharply from a full length outside off and smashed into his bottom thumb. Impossible delivery to play. Hope he hasn't broken it.
- Faf du Plessis opens his account on 53rd ball that he faced this morning.
- Faf du Plessis has played 40 balls without scoring a run. Hashim Amla played 46 balls before he opened his account.
- WICKET! Finally, Hashim Amla is out. Ravindra Jadeja produced a peach of a delivery to remove the biggest blockade in India's way to victory. Hashim Amla b Ravindra Jadeja 25 (244b, 3x4, 0x6). South Africa 76 for 3.
- South Africa are re-setting the records for slow batting. Hashim Amla's strike rate of 11.11 is the lowest for any innings in which a batsman has played 200 or more balls. South Africa won't mind if he blocks 200 more without even scoring a run.
- Good morning... Welcome to the final day of South Africa's tour of India.