INDIA VS SOUTH AFRICA
4th TEST, FEROZESHAH KOTLA, NEW DELHI
- STUMPS! Virat Kohli (83*) and Ajinkya Rahane (52*) have taken India's lead past 400 runs. It is a very difficult total to chase in the fourth innings for South Africa. Pitch is not at all easy as is evident from the 190 runs scored in 81 overs on Day 3.
- FIFTY! Ajinkya Rahane now has a hundred and half-century to his name. It was the same ground where he failed make an impression in his debut match two years back getting out for 7 and 1.
- FIFTY! for Virat Kohli. India needed it desperately, and Virat too. It has come at a healthy rate. He took only 70 balls. At the other end, Ajinkya Rahane is keeping his wicket intact. India 135 for 4.
— BCCI (@BCCI) December 5, 2015
- TEA! After losing two wickets right after the lunch, Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane have stitched a valuable 59-run partnership to take India to 116 for 4 at tea. India's lead over South Africa has risen to 329 runs.
- WICKET! Cheteshwar Pujara is shocked. Imran Tahir sets off for a celebratory run. Tahir bowled it flat and quick around off and middle stump. Pujara went back on a ball that needed him to come forward and was beaten. The ball knocks out the off stump. Pujara played down the wrong line. Cheteshwar Pujara b Imran Tahir 28 (79b 3x4 0x6). India 57 for 4 in 31.1 overs.
- WICKET! What a ball! Shikhar Dhawan is clean bowled by Morne Morkel. Morkel has bowled so well today and he gets his third wicket with a searing yorker from around the wicket. Shikhar Dhawan b Morkel 21 (86b 2x4 0x6). India 53 for 3 in 30 overs.
It's that man again - Morkel yorks Dhawan out! No.3 for SA & Morkel #IndvsSA https://t.co/dM3RstdIwV — BCCI (@BCCI) December 5, 2015
- LUNCH! Tough session for India. Morne Morkel-led South African bowling attack did really well. India's less than 2-run an over run rate tells you how difficult it was to score runs. However, India's overall position in the Test is really good -- they lead by 264 runs with eight wickets remaining. India will look to bat out the day and get that lead to 400.
- Shikhar Dhawana and Cheteshwar Pujara have steadied the Indian innings but a lot more needs to be done. India 51 for 2 in 25.4 overs.
- Chesteshwar Pujara is in now. If he could bat, why didn't he come in at No. 3 where he usually bats?
- WICKET! Rohit Sharma is out on first ball. What a ball by Morne Morkel. Terrific. It has taken out the off stump. He is on hat-trick now. Pitched on a good length on off stump, Rohit prodded from his crease with no real footwork, played for the angle into him but the ball held its line to zip past the outside edge. Rohit Sharma b Morkel 0 (1b 0x4 0x6). India 8 for 2 in 6.1 overs.
- Rohit Sharma has come in at No. 3. Cheteshwar Pujara is injured.
- WICKET! Muralia Vijay goes. He was unlucky here. Morne Morkel bowls a vicious bouncer that rose steeply from short of a length. Vijay was late in ducking and it grazed his arm guard and flew through to wicketkeeper Dane Vilas, who jumped high to take a one handed catch. Vijay is not pleased, gesturing towards umpire that it came off the arm guard. He can get in trouble for that. Murali Vijay c Vilas b Morkel 3 (15b 0x4 0x6). India 4 for 1 in 5 overs.
- It's game time. Murali Vijay and Shikhar Dhawan in the middle. It's Dhawan's 30th birthday today. Morkel has the new ball.
- Welcome to Day 3 of the Delhi Test between India and South Africa. On the second day, Indian bowlers choked South Africa, taking complete control of the match by securing a massive first-innings lead of 213. Virat Kohli has not enforced the follow on, there's no need to. There is plenty of time left in the Test and the pitch is going to get harder to score on on day four and five.