According to CBS News, the editorial team had gone through 480 books and read over a quarter of a million pages in order to decide their selection for the year.
The top 100 list contains 17 debut authors, of which 2 have even made it in the top 10, and there are 31 authors who have graced Amazon's Best Books of the Year lists before as well.
The top 10 Books of 2014 include:
1. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
2. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
3. In the Kingdom of Ice: The Grand and Terrible Polar Voyage of the USS Jeannette by Hampton Sides
4. The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace: A Brilliant Young Man Who Left Newark for the Ivy League by Jeff Hobbs
5. "Redeployment" by Phil Klay
6. Revival by Stephen King
7. Savage Harvest: A Tale of Cannibals, Colonialism, and Michael Rockefeller's Tragic Quest for Primitive Art by Carl Hoffman
8. The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez
9. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
10. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
The list contains books from various genres, including memoirs, and readers can visit Amazon's official website to check out the books falling in top 100.