He said the party would now elect a new Chief Minister in the poll-bound state.
(SP Supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav addressing media)
"We are expelling both Akhilesh and Ram Gopal from the party for six years. Both of them showed indiscipline...this is to send a strong message that indiscipline won't be tolerated," Mulayam told reporters here.
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS SO FAR:
- Centre ready for President's rule in state if situation demands: Sources
- SP spokesperson Naved Siddiqui resigned from party in support of CM Akhilesh Yadav.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav calls for a meeting with all MLAs at 9 AM on Saturday.
- UP DGP Javeed Ahmed reaches CM Akhilesh Yadav's residence to meet him.
- Morally Akhilesh Yadav must resign immediately. SP Govt had failed: Yogi Adityanath.
- Developments in SP intra-party issue, I am keeping a watch: UP Governor RamNaik.
- Don't attend party meet called by Ramgopal Yadav on Jan 1, Shivpal Yadav writes to SP workers.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav likely to take charge of the Uttar Pradesh government: Sources.
- Akhilesh Yadav to likely to address a press conference at 8 PM.
- Lucknow-Supporters gather outside Akhilesh Yadav's residence, raise slogans in his support after SP Chief expelled UP CM for 6 yrs frm party.
- Protesters tear down the posters of Shivpal Singh Yadav after Akhilesh Yadav was expelled from the party for 6 years.
- It's unconstitutional to expel someone without listening to them just hours after issuing show-cause notice-Ram Gopal Yadav on his expulsion.
- - - - - - - - - Advertisement- - - - - - - - -