New Delhi: The following is the time line of the Batla House
shootout of September 2008:
* September 13, 2008- Serial blasts at Karol Bagh, India Gate,
Connaught Place and Greater Kailash in Delhi; 26 killed and 133 injured.
* September 19, 2008- Shootout between Special Cell of Delhi Police
and Indian Mujahideen (IM) terrorists at L-18 flat in Batla House, Jamia
Nagar. Inspector Mohan Chand Sharma and two terrorists killed. Accused
Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative Shahzad Ahmad arrested.
* August 26, 2009- The Delhi High Court approves the report of the
National Human Rights Commission, saying the shootout was not fake.
* April 29, 2010- Charge sheet filed in a Delhi court against lone
* February 15, 201- Court frames charges against Ahmad under penal
provisions for murder, attempt to murder and others.
* July 20, 2013- Court reserves order for July 25.
* July 25- Court convicts lone accused Ahmad, fixes July 29 for
arguments on sentence.