Here are latest updates:
- Court heard VK Sasikala's appeal and referred it to jail authorities, she has been given a cell that will be shared with 2 other inmates.
- Sasikala sent to Bengaluru jail (Parappana Agrahara), she requested Court to provide A class cell, medical facility & place for meditation, reports news agency ANI.
- Sasikala now jailed in Bengaluru.
- After medical check up, Sasikala and Illaverasi appear before judge, third convict Sudhakaran has not yet reached court: Sources
- Four cars in Sasikala's convoy damaged in vandalism near central jail: Police
- Sasikala, with sister-in-law Ilavarasi, reaches Bengaluru jail
- VK Sasikala's convoy pulls up at Bengaluru jail
- VK Sasikala reaches Parappana Agrahara in Bengaluru
Sasikala on Wednesday left Poes Garden and visited Amma's samadhi, where she payed homage and was thereafter taken to Bengaluru, where she is expected to surrender.
ABP News Image
Section 144 has been imposed in Parappana Agrahara limits, where Sasikala & Co will be kept.
After being convicted by the court Sasikala said, her thoughts will continue to remain with the party even from inside the jail.
"Only I can be jailed, not the care or concern I have for this party. Wherever I will be, my thoughts will be here," said an emotional Sasikala.
She said she will be thinking about the party round the clock. She said the present case was "filed" by DMK and asked the partymen to strongly resist it.
Sasikala also said she was happy in a way that Jayalalithaa was not alive to "face difficulties," although she said she was not bothered to undergo such problems.
In her address to party MLAs hours after her conviction, Sasikala also stressed the need for staying united and exuded confidence that Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao would invite her party to form the government.
Earlier, newly elected AIADMK legislature party leader Edappadi K Palaniswami had met Rao and staked claim to form government.
"For me, to form government, to set up Amma's memorial, you should remain united," she said.
Sasikala, who later left the resort where party MLAs loyal to her were put up, said no force can wean away AIADMK from her.