- Maharashtra Government announces compensation of Rs 5 lakh to the deceased
- I asked BJP Mumbai President Shelar Ashish and our karyakartas to assist the people in need: BJP chief Amit Shah
- Railway Minister orders probe into Mumbai stampede
- Anguished by the loss of lives in the stampede in Mumbai. Condolences to the bereaved families; prayers with injured: President Ram Nath Kovind
- Piyush Goyal to visit hospital where injured are being treated
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal reaches Mumbai to take stock of situation
- Angry people raise slogans against Piyush Goyal on his arrival at the station
- Hospital issues alert, ask for blood donation from people with A-, B- and AB- blood group
- Situation in Mumbai is being continuously monitored. Piyush Goyal is in Mumbai taking stock of the situation & ensuring all assistance: PM
- The death of the stampede rises to 27
- Over 30 people have been reportedly injured
As per reports, the stampede took place after rumours of short-circuit were spread across at the station, post which people started running on the bridge.
People could be seen hanging on the bridge in order to save their lives. At least 20 people have been seriously injured due to the same, the rest have suffered minor injuries.
Speaking on the incident, one of the ye-witnesses said, "The injured were rushed to the hospital in the vehicles of locals. Everyone come forward to help the injured".
All the injured have been rushed to the nearby hospital.
The Elphinstone station falls on Western line.
More details are awaited.