Shimla: In a shocking incident, Over 50 students of the Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT) in Shimla were hospitalised due to suspected food poisoning on Friday.
Several eyebrows were raised after so many students complained of a severe stomach ache all at once. “They have been hospitalised following suspected food poisoning, a senior doctor said”.
As per senior medical supretendent of Shimla's Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital (IGMCH) Ramesh Chand, the students raised an alarm on Thursday night. "The students were admitted late last (Thursday) night.."
After taking meals, all the students complained of restlessness, abdominal discomfort and generalised weakness; soon after they started visiting the hospital in groups at around 2 am.
The condition of the students has started improving after they put put on medication.
The prestigious JUIT is located in Waknaghat in Solan district, some 25 km from the state capital here.
The curriculum focuses on undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level studies and research in engineering and applied sciences disciplines.
No official complaint against the university has been filed so far. The inquiry can be launched only after an official complaint.
The University is also yet to issue any sort of statement.