LeT plan to bomb Delhi foiled says Chidambaram

LeT plan to bomb Delhi foiled says Chidambaram

By: || Updated: 29 Feb 2012 10:09 AM


New
Delhi:
The Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) sponsored terror module busted in New
Delhi on Wednesday had planned to attack a crowded locality with bombs,
Union home minister P Chidambaram said in New Delhi. "There was no VVIP on
their target," he told a press conference in Delhi hours after central
agencies and police forces of three states busted a terror module by
arresting two suspected LeT militants.




They were planning to detonate a bomb or more than one bomb in a crowded
locality, he said adding more details would come after their detailed
questioning. They will be produced before courts in Delhi and other
respective states, he said.




The home minister congratulated central agencies and police of three
states involved in the successful operation to bust an important LeT
sponsored terrorist module.




Earlier on Wednesday in a major operation, Delhi Police arrested two LeT
terrorists who were planning to carry out terror strikes in the capital
targeting vital installations.




Delhi Police sources said the operation was launched to nab the two
Lashkar-e-Taiba men after receiving inputs from Central intelligence
agencies that the duo have entered the capital to carry out strikes.




Effective coordination with Jammu and Kashmir and Jharkhand Police helped
nab the two terrorists, the sources said.




They said the two were planning to carry out major strikes in the national
capital by targeting vital installations and VVIPs.



For INDIA News Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and for news updates download our News App.

First Published:
Next Story Previous Govt framed me in false terror case: Sadhvi Pragya