Inviting everyone to UP, Yogi said that the state will be free of crime, full of development and safe for women.
On a lighter note he also indirectly told his date of birth by saying-"I'm one year younger to Rahul Gandhi and one year elder to Akhilesh Yadav".
Here are important things Yogi said in Lok Sabha in his maiden address after becoming CM of UP:
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath praises Narendra Modi inside Parliament, says whole world is talking about PM
- I thank the FM for breathing new life into our country's economy,says Yogi Adityanath in Lok Sabha
- Govt has worked for all sections of society without any discrimination: CM Yogi Adityanath in Lok Sabha
- PM's Jan Dhan scheme proved beneficial for poor: Yogi Adityanath
- We will work for every section of society of UP: Yogi Adityanath
- In the past, state govt (of Uttar Pradesh) did not utilise most of the funds allocated by the central govt, says Yogi Adityanath
- Yogi also attacked Congress VP Rahul Gandhi and ex-UP CM Akhilesh Yadav
UP CM Yogi Adityanath meets Rajnath Singh:
Earlier in the day, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath met Home Minister Rajnath Singh and discussed with him various issues concerning the state.
During the 20-minute meeting, the Chief Minister briefed the Home Minister about various aspects of the state government, of which he was sworn in as head on Sunday, official sources said.
The Home Minister conveyed his best wishes to the new government and assured all help from the central government.
Singh himself is a former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and represents Lucknow in Lok Sabha.
Hours after Yogi taking over, 2 slaughterhouses sealed in:
Interestingly, two slaughterhouses were sealed by the authorities here last night, a development that comes within hours of BJP leader Yogi Adityanath taking over as the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister.
Almost a year ago the National Green Tribunal had ordered the closure of these two slaughterhouses, an official said.
"We sealed one slaughterhouse each in Atala locality of the city and at Naini, on the outskirts, last night. The NGT had ordered closure of these in May 2016", the district's Veterinary Officer Dheeraj Goyal said.
(With inputs from PTI)