He urged the civil servants to work together as a team to perform and transform.
Here are 7 things PM Modi said:
- Your word is of great value. Your signatures can change things. Can we change?
- Political will can reform but bureaucracy performs and public participation transforms. We have to bring them in one wavelength.
- To reform, political will is needed. I do not lack it and may be having a bit extra.
- Hierarchy remains an issue- this is something we inherited from colonial rulers & we did not leave that behind in Mussoorie.
- Senior officers should introspect if their experience is becoming a burden.
- The role of the government was very strong but things have changed since the last 15 years.
- Use social media, e- governance and mobile governance for the welfare of the people by reaching out to them