Making the fight for political corridors more interesting, X-factors like Hardik Patel and Alpesh Thakor have offered their support to the Congress.
In such a heated environment, ABP News has organised Gujarat Shikhar Sammelan, on Tuesday, in order to give political parties a platform so that they can tell (and people decide) why voters vote for them.
Here are LIVE UPDATES from ABP News' Gujarat Shikhar Sammelan:
- There is freedom of speech but sentiments of a community should also be kept in mind: Shah on Padmavati controversy
- BJP hasn’t lost vote share in any elections since 2014 even in Bihar & Delhi, if we retain 2014 share in Gujarat we will win 165 seats, Shah said
- Rahul Gandhi thinks all deals are like 'Bofors'. Rafale deal is a government-to-government deal done in a transparent manner: BJP chief
- There is no resentment among Dalits. Results in reserved seats will prove that, Shah said
- I am in public life, there will be allegations. But they (Congress) can't differentiate between turnover and profit, there's loss of Rs 1.5 crore. Wish they learnt how to assess balance sheet. We went to court too: Amit Shah on Jay Shah case
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is a son of Gujarat. He didn't refer to anyone as an "outsider". We have not insulted anyone, says BJP chief.
- It's time for BJP national president Amit Shah in Shikhar Sammelan.
- Talking so much about Rahul Gandhi shows how baffled and afraid BJP is of him, Priyanka Chaturvedi tells Patra as he made several referances related to Congress vice president.
- I am telling you in advance, On Dec 18 EVM allegations will again come up and blame for Congress loss will be put on 3 youngsters Hardik, Alpesh and Jignesh, says Patra
- On December 18, you will give us 'Hardik Badhai', Sambit Patra tell Priyanka Chaturvedi
- One man (Rahul Gandhi) who has failed in 29 elections is being made the party chief. This happens only in Congress: Sambit Patra
- It's 5 PM, and now time for BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra and Congress's Priyanka Chaturvedi to elaborate on their parties' strategies on Gujarat elections in ABP News' Shikhar Sammelan.
- Praful Patel unleashes his attack on both BJP and Congress. However, he maintains that NCP's prime aim is to fight against BJP. He said that people are unhappy and frustrated with BJP in Gujarat. Attacking Congress, he said the party has "overestimated" itself.
- Now NCP leader Praful Patel speaking in Shikhar Sammelan on Gujarat elections
- Congress, Rahul Gandhi, remembering temples now but post elections they will start remembering Tipu Sultan and Ghazni:
- This election isn’t between Congress and BJP, it is a contest between 6.5 crore Gujaratis and BJP
- In the last few years, the suicide cases of farmers has risen four times in Karnataka where Congress is in power: GVL Narasimha Rao
- Congress media in-charge Randeeep Surjewala and BJP spokesperson GVL Narasimha rao face each other in Shikhar Sammelan on Gujarat elections.
- PM must stop distributing certificates of patriotism: Anand Sharma
- Questions are asked and will be asked in democracy: Anand Sharma
- PM Modi's language in rallies shows his nervousness: Anand Sharma
- PM Modi shedding tears in BJP rallies is mere marketing: Former Gujarat Chief Minister Shankarsinh Vaghela
- I fail to understand how there can be an internal strife in a party. There's no human touch with party workers now, it's only commercial dealings with them: Former Gujarat Chief Minister Shankarsinh Vaghela
- Both BJP and Congress are just involved in marketing: Former Gujarat Chief Minister Shankarsinh Vaghela
- There is no development in the rural areas in Gujarat: Alpesh Thakor
- We want answer that why youth in Gujarat in unemployed: Alpesh Thakor
- True "Vikas" (development) is providing employment opportunities for youths: Hardik Patel
- BJP isn't a party, it is a management company: Hardik Patel
- Vijay Rupani speaks a lot. Sometimes I get confused that whether he is CM or BJP's spokesperson: Hardik Patel
- Our priority, right now, is to defeat BJP: Hardik Patel
- BJP will win 150 plus seats in Gujarat: Vijay Rupani
- Congress wants PM only from Nehru-Gandhi family: Vijay Rupani
- Congress has no leader in Gujarat, outsourcing leaders: Vijay Rupani
- There is no anti incumbency against us, we will win more seats in Gujarat this time: Gujarat CM
- Making fun of "Vikas" (development) equals to making fun of Gujarat: Vijay Rupani
- Gujarat people have developed hunger for development: Vijay Rupani
- Congress has done vote bank politics till date: Vijay Rupani
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani will grace the event at 10 am.
— ABP News (@abpnewstv) November 28, 2017
In Gujarat, which is a home state of PM Narendra Modi, the polling for the two-phase elections (having total 182 seats) will take place on December 9 and 14. Votes will be counted on December 18.
In the first phase, eighty-nine seats of Saurashtra and South Gujarat region are going to polls. The remaining 93 seats in central and northern region would go for polls in the second phase.