- While addressing the media, Finance Minister Jiatley announced the dates of the implementation of the GST and said, "It will be launched from mid-night of June 30-July 1"
- He also said that the "GST launch function would be held at Central Hall of Parliament, where several Members of Parliament, Chief Ministers and State Finance ministers are being invited"
- The Finance Ministre also asserted that "President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice-President, PM, Lok Sabha Speaker and former PMs Manmohan Singh and HD Deve Gowda to be on dais for GST launch"
- While stating several positives of the GST, he said that the same is set to reduce the inflation and the prices of the goods"
- He also said that GST would keep a check on tax defaulters and bring them into light
First Published: 20 Jun 2017 12:35 PM