Major points from Finance Minister Arun Jaitley's speech:
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said, "It is encouraging that there is an international recognition of growth in Indian economy"
- He further added saying, "This recognition firms our determination to follow the path that we have embarked upon"
- "It is a recognition and an endorsement of the reform process which has gone on in India, particularly in the last 3-4 years, where a number of structural reforms have taken place which has placed India on a path of high trajectory growth" Finance Minister said
- "India is fastest growing among major economies for past 3 years" FM said
- "We welcome this upgrade, we believe that it is a belated recognition of all the positive steps which have been taken in India in the last few years, which has contributed to strengthening of Indian economy" he added
- - - - - - - - - Advertisement- - - - - - - - -