- The iconic Regal Building, located at Connaught Place in the heart of the national capital, is set to house the 22nd Madame Tussauds Museum which will feature its A-list of creations comprising Hollywood to Bollywood, sports, music, historical figures and other celebs who have made their mark in the country and the world as a whole.
- One will be able to see statues of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Sachin Tendulkar and even Kim Kardashian among the local and international figures to be featured at the museum.
- Renowned worldwide since over 250 years for its creations of detailed and lifelike wax figures, Madame Tussauds will offer guests to have fun with the famous figures by offering a host of experiences spread across two interactive floors.
- Allowing closer access than ever before to the wax figures, guests would be able to interact with their favourite celebs, give a speech with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, click a selfie with Kim Kardashian or test their bowling skills and techniques with cricket maestro Sachin Tendulkar.
- Madame Tussauds is run by a leading visitor attraction operator Merlin Entertainments.
- “We are delighted to be announcing that our 22nd Madame Tussauds attraction will be opening in Delhi. Ever since we introduced Amitabh Bachchan as the first Bollywood figure in Madame Tussauds London in 2000, we have seen how Madame Tussauds appeals to the Indian consumer...having a permanent attraction in the heart of the country's capital made perfect sense for the evolution of the Madame Tussauds story," Merlin Entertainments Chief New Openings Officer John Jakobsen said.
- Madame Tussauds is a wax museum in London with branches in a number of major cities. It was founded by wax sculptor Marie Tussaud. Its most famous brand Madame Tussauds is the world number one housing more than 2,000 individual wax figures, offering local and international experiences at its different locations, besides interactive zones, guests can walk down the red carpet and pose with their favourite stars/idols.
(With inputs from agencies)