Veteran Congress leaders were present during the Sammelan. Rahul Gandhi gave a long speech in which he hit out at Modi.
Here are important things Rahul Gandhi said during party's the Jan Vedna Sammelan.
- Notes ban was a weak decision: Rahul Gandhi
- Farmers need not to be afraid: Rahul Gandhi said during Jan Vedna Sammelan
- I told press don't be afraid.
- BJP tries to scare media, said Rahul Gandhi.
- Symbol of hand (Congress' symbol) means don't be afraid.
- We need not to be afraid, we will face the truth: Rahul Gandhi
- They (BJP) think entire India is fool: Rahul Gandhi
- This country is intelligent.
- Only Narendra Modi can't change nation.
- Demonetisation: Entire money of poor, labours taken by govt, said Congress VP.
- Modi must tell how much black money govt received.
- Crores of people were standing in lines, did you find any corrupt person there? Corrupt people were at the bank's backdoor, said Congress VP
Jan Vedna Sammelan
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi presided over a convention -- Jan Vedna Sammelan -- here on Wednesday to reflect on the sufferings of the people in the wake of demonetisation.
"The convention will highlight the pains and sufferings of the people due to the note ban policy of the Modi government. The party will also highlight the anti-people policies of the government," said Congress spokesperson Shaktisinh Gohil.
The convention was held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Talkatora Stadium here.
Earlier, Gandhi had presided over the party's foundation day function in December and also chaired a meeting of the party's Working Committee in the absence of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
This is also likely to pave the way for Gandhi to take over as the President of the party at the earliest, according to party sources.
Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, members of the Congress Working Committee, senior party leaders and state leaders were present at the convention.
- - - - - - - - - Advertisement- - - - - - - - -