Starting from Rs 9,999, Redmi Note 4 is a successor to the Redmi Note 3.
The device sports a premium metal body with elegant anodized high-gloss aluminium lines and a symmetric design.
It is the first Redmi smartphone to feature 2.5D curved glass on the front which, paired with tapered edges, makes the device comfortable to hold.
In addition to the classic Dark Grey and Gold colours, Redmi Note 4 will also be available in Black – a sleek new matte black finish.
Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor and Adreno 506 graphics processing unit (GPU), , Redmi Note 4, according to Xiaomi, will deliver fast and seamless performance.
Redmi Note 4 features a 13MP CMOS camera with Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) for faster focusing, f/2.0 aperture, and a Backside Illuminated (BSI) sensor with 1.12-micron pixels. The smartphone has a 5MP, f/2.0 aperture front facing camera for selfies.
Redmi Note 4 doubles the storage of its predecessor, offering 32GB of onboard storage in the base model, and up to 64GB flash in the 4GB RAM variant – all of which are expandable up to 128GB via an SD card.
Xiaomi also announced that it has shipped over 3.6 million units of Redmi Note 3 in 2016 in India.
“We are really thankful to everyone who made Redmi Note 3 one of the most popular devices in 2016. The immense appreciation we received and the feedback from our Mi fans motivated us to take it to the next level with Redmi Note 4," Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra said.
The first sale for Redmi Note 4 is at 12pm on January 23 exclusively on Mi.com and Flipkart with no pre-registrations, starting at INR 9,999 (2GB RAM + 32GB ROM), INR 10,999 (3GB RAM + 32GB ROM) and INR 12,999 (4GB RAM + 64GB ROM).
Key features of Redmi Note 4:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 with 14nm FinFET technology (Octa-core 2.0GHz)
- 4100mAh high-density battery, 25% longer battery life than Redmi Note 3
- 13MP CMOS camera with PDAF, 5MP front camera
- Premium metal body, anodised high-gloss aluminium lines
- 5.5-inch Full HD display, dual SIM (Nano- and Micro-SIM)
- LTE and VoLTE support
- 4GB RAM + 64GB Flash, 3GB RAM + 32GB Flash, 2GB RAM + 32GB Flash
- Up to 128GB microSD expandable storage
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- IR blaster
- Available in Dark Grey, Gold and Black
- MIUI 8 beta based on Android N will be available soon