Owner collapses and dies on seeing his shop going up in flame 

Owner collapses and dies on seeing his shop going up in flame 

By: || Updated: 01 Jan 1970 12:00 AM
Thiruvananthapuram: A shop owner collapsed and died on seeing his shop going up in flames in a fire that broke out in the busy Chalai market in the city.

    

Police identified the deceased as Shahul Hameed (66), who owned a fancy articles shop in the market.

    

Though he was rushed to a nearby hospital, doctors declared him dead late last night.

    

The fire broke out in a shop late last evening and spread quickly, gutting 10 nearby shops, but no direct casualty was reported.

    

Fire and rescue teams doused the blaze after hours long mission and evacuated people from the area.

    

An electrical short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire, they said.

   

Chalai market is one of the oldest and busiest markets in the capital city.

For CRIME News Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and for news updates download our News App.

First Published:
Next Story Delhi: 4 vehicles stolen every hour last year, says Police report