Aarushi-Hemraj murder case verdict on Nov 25

Aarushi-Hemraj murder case verdict on Nov 25


Ghaziabad: A CBI court today reserved
for November 25 the verdict in the sensational 2008 double murder case of
teenager Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj in which her parents Rajesh and
Nupur Talwar are accused.

Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal reserved the order after the defence
completed its final arguments and the CBI submitted its rebuttal in the
case which has seen several twists and turns.

CBI today maintained its stand that it was the dentist couple who had
killed their teenaged daughter Aarushi and their servant as circumstantial
evidence was against them.

On the other hand, the defence lawyers alleged that Talwars had been
framed in the case.

Trial in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case began 15 months ago at Ghaziabad
in Uttar Pradesh after the court rejected the closure report filed by CBI.

Fourteen-year-old Aarushi was found murdered in her apartment in Noida on
May 16, 2008. The next day, the body of Hemraj was discovered on the
apartment's terrace.

Rajesh and Nupur were in the house on the night the crime was committed.

The allegations have been refuted by Talwars who have claimed innocence in
the matter. They are presently out on bail.

The CBI had on Dec 29, 2010 filed it report for closing the case. Special
Judicial Magistrate Preeti Mishra had on February 9, 2011 rejected the
closure report and made the couple accused on charges of murder,
destruction of evidence and common intention to commit the crime.

The investigation in the case was initially carried out by the Uttar
Pradesh Police which had arrested Aarushi's father Rajesh on May 23, 2008.

The probe was handed over to the CBI on May 29, 2008 and Rajesh was
granted bail by the Ghaziabad court on July 11, 2008.

The CBI, after probing the murder for over two-and-half years, filed its
closure report in the case in the Ghaziabad special CBI court, saying it
had been unable to find out any evidence to prosecute the Talwars.

The trial court, however, rejected the CBI closure report, saying there
was enough prima facie material in the agency's report to put the couple
on trial for their alleged involvement in the twin murders and had issued
summons to them to face trial.

"In such a case where the incident has happened inside home, visible
evidence cannot be ignored," it had said.

The Talwars had subsequently moved the Allahabad High Court, which
dismissed their pleas to quash the trial court summons and the proceedings
initiated against them.

The Talwar couple then approached the apex court but were denied relief.

On January 25, 2011, Rajesh was attacked by a youth with a meat cleaver on
the Ghaziabad court premises.

For CRIME News Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and for news updates download our News App.

Next Story Youth Killed For Refusing To Give Cigarette